In the behavioral healthcare industry, some of the best therapies are evidence-based. These therapeutic modalities have been rigorously tested and studied over many years to ensure their effectiveness in treating behavioral health disorders. Clear Steps Recovery employs a wide variety of proven, effective therapies in various outpatient programs designed to treat substance use disorders and accompanying mental health conditions. Their therapy treatment center in New Hampshire
employs evidence-based therapies and holistic approaches, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT).
As one of the most effective therapies in behavioral health, CBT is often used in conjunction with other approaches, such as group therapy or family therapy. Call (603) 769-8981
to speak to our experienced and professional staff and take the first steps towards recovery today.
What Is Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy?
Cognitive-behavioral therapy is a therapeutic modality that focuses on the ways in which our thoughts and behaviors are interconnected. It works to identify and change negative thinking patterns and unhealthy behaviors in order to improve overall mental health.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) has proven to be an effective treatment for many substance use disorders. Its broad applicability speaks to its efficacy. This includes:
- Alcohol addiction
- Opioid addiction
- Cocaine addiction
- Methamphetamine addiction
- Marijuana addiction
CBT is also used to treat co-occurring mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, and bipolar disorder.
At Clear Steps Recovery, we tailor our cognitive-behavioral therapy treatment to the unique needs of each individual client. We understand that everyone experiences addiction challenges differently, and we strive to provide personalized care that meets each client where they are.
How Does Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Work?
Cognitive-behavioral therapy works by helping clients identify negative thinking patterns and behaviors that are contributing to their mental health condition. Through a process of identifying, challenging, and changing these thought patterns and behaviors, CBT can help clients achieve lasting positive change.
CBT treatment typically consists of four main components:
- Psychoeducation – Learning about and understanding your mental health condition.
- Cognitive restructuring – Identifying and changing negative thought patterns that are triggering maladaptive behaviors.
- Exposure and response prevention – Gradually exposing yourself to anxiety-inducing situations while practicing healthy coping mechanisms.
- Skill building – Learning new skills to manage symptoms and cope or building new positive habits to help prevent relapse.
During CBT treatment, clients will work with their therapist to learn more about their mental health condition, identify negative thinking patterns, challenge those thoughts, and develop new coping skills. This process can help clients to better manage their symptoms and improve their overall quality of life.
How Does CBT Work with Clear Steps Recovery Various Levels of Care?
At Clear Steps Recovery, we are proud to offer multiple levels of outpatient care based upon the client’s specific needs and goals. These include the following:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP) – around-the-clock supervision, a structured treatment regimen, and a high degree of accountability
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP) – offers a greater degree of flexibility for the client while maintaining regularly scheduled treatment and providing support for continued recovery
- Outpatient therapy (OT) – offers the greatest degree of flexibility for the client to attend to personal or professional obligations while maintaining a schedule of treatment and support for relapse prevention
CBT is incorporated into all levels of care and can even factor into aftercare programs for continued support throughout recovery.
Contact Clear Steps Recovery
We understand that everyone experiences substance use disorder differently. Our comprehensive treatment programs employ cognitive-behavioral therapy and other proven therapeutic and holistic approaches. Our customized care meets each client where they are in their recovery journey.
If you or a loved one are caught in the cycle of addiction, cognitive-behavioral therapy can help you find recovery and maintain it. Call (603) 769-8981
or reach out online
to learn more about our programs and services.